Lakana - WASHINGTON (AP) The American Forces Network will broadcast the NFL's conference championship games despite the federal government shutdown.
There was some question about access to the games for military outside the U.S. after the AFN put a message on its Facebook page on Saturday that its services would not be available because of the shutdown. The network airs American radio and television programming in Europe and other locations outside the U.S.
But White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders posted Sunday on her Twitter account that the AFN had been restored. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy also tweeted that the games would be on the network and called it "great news."
New England takes on Jacksonville in the AFC championship, and Minnesota faces Philadelphia in the NFC championship.
Image copyright 2018 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- Selena Gomez responds after bikini pics show scar
- Jimmy Kimmel brings Katie Couric to his colonoscopy
- Drumroll please: It's Sir Ringo as ex-Beatle knighted
- Did you ever buy an original PS3? You might be...