TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - A garage fire in central Topeka led to an arson arrest Wednesday night.
The Topeka Fire Department responded to a small fire in a detached garage along with a small grass fire at 1157 SW Washburn Ave. shortly after 8 p.m.
Crews reported a small fire within a detached garage and a small grass fire on the south side of the occupied house. TFD said the wire was quickly extinguished.
A witness saw a person of interest was seen running from the fire location and alerted fire investigators. Officials were able to locate the subject at a nearby house. He was identified as Krieg L. Hensley, 53, who was taken to the Shawnee County Jail for arson.
No injuries were reported in this incident.
Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
What others are clicking on:
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- NYC firefighter dies battling blaze on Harlem movie set
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threatening veto
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale