TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - Topeka Police are investigating a shooting in Central Topeka after one man sustained life-threatening injuries Sunday night.
According to Shawnee County Communications, the shooting happened on the 1200 block of SW Lincoln after 10:00 p.m.
We are told the victim immediately went into surgery. He got out of surgery Monday morning, and is now expected to survive. He was shot multiple times in his lower torso and the upper leg area.
Police are currently at the scene investigating. They are looking for a black male, last seen wearing a white shirt and tan pants.
Police say it is difficult to distinguish the fireworks going off in the area from possible gunshots.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to call Topeka Police Detectives at 785-368-9400 or Crime Stoppers at 785-234-0007.
We'll continue to update this story as we learn more information.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale
- Adopting puppies goes national as people celebrate...
- Sheriff: Florida woman attacked husband after he...