TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – A local light show was vandalized Tuesday night.
Louie Cortez, who runs ‘The Cortez Holiday Light Show' reports the incident happened around 9:40 p.m. Camera footage shows four kids running through the display.
Cortez said he will be working away to get the show in working order in time for the show Wednesday night.
Cortez said the four kids ran on foot east to west down 30th Terrace and then headed south on Burton Street. He said they managed to damage two of the wire light balls, destroy three of the light globes and the lights along the street.
A report has been filed with the Shawnee County Sheriff's Office. Cortez said the sheriff's office said they will have more patrol out in the area.
This is the third year for ‘The Cortez Holiday Light Show' which kicked off on November 18.
The lights stay on from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The show runs through January 1, 2018 and takes place in southeast Topeka at 3919 SE 30th Terrace.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- NYC firefighter dies battling blaze on Harlem movie set
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threatening veto
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale