POTTAWATOMIE COUNTY, Kan. (KSNT) - The Pottawatomie County Sheriff's Office said they are continuing to receive reports of scams in the area.
Sheriff Greg Riat said some of the latest scams involve the caller being told the IRS has a warrant for their arrest and they need to pay money to stop them from being arrested.
One person reported the caller identifying themselves as a Pottawatomie County Sheriff Detective and that they had a warrant for the victim. Riat said the caller again demanded money from the victim from being arrested.
"These calls are scams and most likely are originating from outside of Kansas and even the United States," said Riat.
Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
What others are clicking on:
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Sessions to address black law enforcement group in...
- Allegations from women in his past shadow Trump
- Police: Suspect in Austin bombing attacks blows...
- Academic says he's being scapegoated in Facebook...
- Austin authorities: Another explosion reported