TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - Payless ShoeSource's corporate headquarters in Topeka is now up for sale.
A spokeswoman for Payless, Meghan Speer, said: "The Payless ShoeSource building at 3231 SE 6th Street is currently for sale. Payless continues to evaluate our go-forward strategy, and part of that plan is to assess new space for our corporate associates. Our legacy systems would require us to lease space in our current building for our associates while we determine the best plan to acquire better-suited real estate for our team as we look into the future."
Payless emerged from bankruptcy in August and began evaluating its structure in November.
In mid-November, 170 employees were laid off. That came after another 165 employees were laid off in January, and information technology jobs were outsourced.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threatening veto
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale
- Adopting puppies goes national as people celebrate...