KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Kansas City man is charged with accidentally wounding a 15-year-old girl while attempting to rob a man who had arranged through Snapchat to meet up with the girl for sex.
The Kansas City Star reports that 20-year-old David Williams is charged with robbery and armed criminal action in the failed attack Wednesday in Independence. Bond is set at $50,000. No attorney is listed for him in online court records.
Court records say the robbery victim told police that an armed man appeared after the girl got into his car. He said she began taking his wallet and cell phone. Court records say Williams then fired his gun when the man tried to flee, hitting the girl in the arm and leg. She fled in the victim's car with Williams.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threatening veto
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale
- Adopting puppies goes national as people celebrate...