FOUNTAIN, Fla. (AP) - Law enforcement officials in the Florida Panhandle say a 16-year-old is accused of killing his 10-year-old sister.
The News Herald reports the girl's family told Bay County Sheriff's deputies they last saw her when she went to bed Saturday night. She was reported missing Sunday morning.
The sheriff's air unit, mounted posse and K-9s helped search for the girl Sunday. Her body was found in a large field behind the family's home in Fountain, which is northeast of Panama City.
Sheriff's officials have not said what led investigators to the girl's brother, who's charged with an open count of murder. The Associated Press is not naming him because of his age.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Teen taking driver license test crashes through wall...
- Gone extinct: Animatronic T-Rex bursts into flames
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- 2 firefighters killed, 2 injured in building collapse