HOUSTON (AP) — The driver of a pickup displaying a profane message to President Donald Trump and his supporters has posted bond after being arrested near Houston on an outstanding warrant.
Forty-six-year-old Karen Fonseca left the Fort Bend County jail late Thursday after being arrested earlier in the day on a fraud charge.
The sheriff's office has not provided details of the warrant and Fonseca says she had been unaware there was a warrant for her arrest.
Fonseca began speaking publicly about the anti-Trump decal on the rear window of her pickup after Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls mentioned it in a Facebook posting Wednesday.
Nehls says he was considering a disorderly conduct charge, but District Attorney John Healey said he didn't think it would be a prosecutable case.
Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget...
NYC firefighter dies battling blaze on
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale
- Adopting puppies goes national as people celebrate...
- Sheriff: Florida woman attacked husband after he...