TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Search and dive teams recovered the body Thursday morning of a man that drowned at Perry Lake near Slough Creek.
Jefferson Co. Sheriff Jeff Herrig told KSNT News that they received the call around 8:20 p.m. about a possible drowning of a man believed to be in his early twenties.
Herrig said friends told authorities the man did not come out of the water after retrieving a ball that had gone into the lake.
"They were just hanging out having a good time in the water, said Herrig. "Just spending the warm day out at Perry Lake.
The man's name has not been identified at this time.
This a developing story. Check back for updates as they become available.
At least 1 killed in French supermarket
NYC firefighter dies battling blaze on
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Teen taking driver license test crashes through wall...
- Gone extinct: Animatronic T-Rex bursts into flames
- 2 firefighters killed, 2 injured in building collapse
- School shooting victim ‘brain dead,' life support...