WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – WPD held another press conference Wednesday afternoon regarding the disappearance of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez.
The case is now being considered a criminal investigation.
During the press conference, WPD Deputy Captain Gavin Seiler did confirm a 26-year-old woman has been arrested and booked into the Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of two counts of child endangerment.
Emily Glass, Lucas Hernandez's stepmother, was booked into the Sedgwick County Jail Wednesday afternoon.
The arrest was made after new information was gathered through the investigation.
Authorities said two children are involved in the case. One of those children is Lucas Hernandez, the other child is one year old.
"We hope we are able to find Lucas and that he is alive and well," said WPD Deputy Captain Gavin Seiler. "This incident has touched many in our community."
The investigation is ongoing and authorities are asking the public again to call 316-383-4661 with any information.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- NYC firefighter dies battling blaze on Harlem movie set
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threatening veto
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale