TOPEKA (KSNT) - A Topeka woman has died from injuries she sustained in a crash early Saturday morning.
The Topeka Police Department reports that at 2:42 Saturday morning, officers were dispatched to the 100 block of SE 46th Ct. in regard to reports that neighbors heard a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed, followed by a loud crash.
At 3:36 a.m., officers responded to the area a second time to reports of a man banging on doors with blood on his face. Officers located the man, identified as 37-year-old David A. James, of Topeka. He was transported to a local hospital with significant injuries.
While speaking to James, officers located a crash scene in thick brush and located a second occupant inside a vehicle identified as Melissa C. Kendall, 43, of Topeka. TPD reported Tuesday that Kendall had died as a result of her injuries.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threatening veto
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale
- Adopting puppies goes national as people celebrate...