TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - The Miracle on Kansas Avenue parade is set to step off Saturday night in downtown Topeka.
The parade will start at 6pm and begin at 4th and Kansas Avenue and go south to 10th. The parade route will be the first on Kansas Avenue since the downtown revitalization project began to widen sidewalks and install pocket parks. The evening begins with a Rescue Run at 5pm to benefit the Topeka Rescue Mission. At 5:30pm, the annual tree lighting will take place in front of Westar Energy at 818 S. Kansas Avenue. The parade began in 1995. Following the parade, the First United Methodist Church atn 6th and Topeka is hosting cocoa cookies and carols. Grand Marshals for this year's parade are Mark Ruelle, President and CEO of Westar Energy and Scott Heidtbrink, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of KCP&L.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Friday Freebies: 10 ways to save on spoiling your...
- Former Fox News anchor sues O'Reilly for defamation
- Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies
- TV personality known for playing Bozo the Clown dies...
- YouTube tightens restrictions on firearm videos
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump signs $1.3 trillion budget after threatening veto
- Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security...
- Protest over shooting of unarmed man overtakes freeway
- Mister Rogers postage stamp officially goes on sale
- Adopting puppies goes national as people celebrate...