Topeka man brings change to Topeka through pizza

Someone You Should Know

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) — A Topeka man wants to bring change to the area with a pizza shop.

Ivan Longoria moved to Topeka about four years ago from Wichita. He started working at a local window company. While being in Topeka, he noticed there was a need for something different specifically in the food industry. So he started a restaurant called Thin and Crisp. It’s a fusion pizza shop, meaning it combines multicultural food on a thin crust pizza.

He said it may be food, but it’s also something different Topeka needed.

“Am I going to change the world, no,” Longoria said. “But I do feel like I can make that change here in Topeka where I can show them how I started with a car washing company. And now we have a brick and mortar building. We’re working on a second one for that one. We’ve all seen the potential somewhere else, and want to apply it here. I think that I bring a different attitude to the table. That’s the biggest thing.”

Longoria hopes his story will be a motivation to others, showing it doesn’t matter where you start to get to where you want to be.

“People knowing my story might motivate somebody to say, ‘you know what, I might go start my own window cleaning company,” Longoria said. “Or whatever. A cake company. Whatever it is that they do. Maybe my story can be an example.”

Thin and Crisp opened in Southwest Topeka around October. Now, they’re getting ready to open a second location in the NOTO Arts District.

Longoria actually worked as a sous chef for six years which gave him experience in the food industry.

If you have someone you think we should know, use our Report It feature at or our mobile app.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories