TOPEKA (KTMJ) – Mikki Burcher from Hy-Vee demonstrated on FOX 43 at 4 Wednesday a summertime recipe that doesn’t require you to heat up the kitchen by turning on the stovetop or oven.
- 4 Roma tomatoes OR 4 mini cucumbers
- ½ c. Hy-Vee Select garlic mayo sandwich spread OR other
- sandwich spread of choice, optional
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ c. romaine lettuce leaves, torn
- ½ c. Di Lusso cracked black pepper turkey breast slices
- ¼ c. cooked bacon, crumbled
Lay tomatoes on their sides and cut crosswise at 1/4-inch intervals, cutting to ½-inch from bottoms. Spoon garlic mayo sandwich spread (if using) into cuts. Stuff cuts with fresh mozzarella slices, lettuce leaves, turkey breast slices, and smoked bacon.
- Pesto, thinned with water or additional Olive Oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Submarine sandwich dressing