TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – All Hy-Vee locations are bringing back reserved hours for high-risk shoppers as cases of the coronavirus continue to soar across the Midwest.
The reserved in-store shopping will take place from 7-8 a.m. Monday through Friday, according to the company. The altered schedule starts today, Nov. 23.
The Iowa-based company announced the change on Twitter.
Hy-Vee last altered its hours in response to the pandemic in March.
On Saturday, Nov. 21, Kansas City added 1,300 new COVID-19 cases, bringing the weekly average to 1,282 new cases.
In Shawnee County cases are “uncontrolled” for the third straight week.
Other states around the Midwest have experienced similar case increases.
- Till basketball do us part: meet the first couple to be married on the floor in Allen Fieldhouse
- Meet the pilot of the B-2 bomber that flew over Arrowhead Sunday
- Hoosier metal guitarist seen in famous photo arrested in connection with Capitol riot
- Tennessee law firm giving away free divorce for Valentine’s Day
- Chiefs hold off Browns 22-17 without Mahomes late, onto AFC title game