TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – The Shawnee County Health Officer devoted time to answer your coronavirus questions Monday night in KSNT’s “Coronavirus: Reopening Kansas – A Town Hall Discussion.”
Dr. Gianfranco Pezzino had a general coronavirus Q&A with KSNT anchors Brooke Lennington and Molly Patt. One topic was if Kansas could handle coronavirus if it comes back seasonally.
“If this becomes a seasonal event, our level of preparedness would depend on the availability of a vaccine,” Pezzino said.
KSNT’s Town Hall rotated through a panel of experts including:
- Dr. Gianfranco Pezzino, Shawnee County Health Officer
- Kristina Dietrick, HR Partners
- Alan Cobb, President and CEO of Kansas Chamber of Commerce
- Karen Smothers, Family Service and Guidance Center
- David Sollars, Washburn University Economist
The group of five addressed viewer-submitted questions about coronavirus. Business, mental, health and economic impacts of the pandemic were all subjects of discussion.