TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – A Topeka family therapist and human resources expert answered your coronavirus questions Monday night in KSNT’s “Reopening Kansas: A Town Hall Discussion.”
Family Service and Guidance Center Therapist Karen Smothers and Kristina Dietrick with HR Partners discussed job stress during the pandemic. Smothers said it’s important for employers to recognize some employees may be experiencing burnout and fatigue.
“Some people have been putting in lots and lots of hours and haven’t been able to get a break to have time with family,” Smothers said.
KSNT’s Town Hall rotated through a panel of experts including:
- Dr. Gianfranco Pezzino, Shawnee County Health Officer
- Kristina Dietrick, HR Partners
- Alan Cobb, President and CEO of Kansas Chamber of Commerce
- Karen Smothers, Family Service and Guidance Center
- David Sollars, Washburn University Economist
The group of five addressed viewer-submitted questions about coronavirus. Business, mental, health and economic impacts of the pandemic were all subjects of discussion.