TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Stormont Vail has rolled out a new and easy signup system to register for the coronavirus vaccine.
Those who are approved in Phase 1, 2A, and 2B (age 65 and older, or critical worker groups) can schedule a vaccine under the Kansas Vaccination Plan.
To schedule a vaccine online residents can visit the website www.stormontvail.org/COVID19/vaccine.
The site will walk the user through the Kansas Vaccination Phases and provide links to schedule an appointment.
Eligible Groups now scheduling:
- Health Care Associated Workers
- Residents in Long Term Care (LTC), Senior Housing or LTC-Supported Independent Living
- Workers Critical to Pandemic Response
- Persons Aged 65 and older
- LEO/First Responders
- K-12 Faculty and Staff
- Some Congregate Settings (Homeless Shelters, Emergency Shelters, Adult Care Homes and AL/IL not covered in Phase 1)
- Other High-Contact Critical Workers (As defined by the Shawnee County Health Department in their press release 3/10/2021)
- Other Congregate Settings (all remaining congregate settings)
Workers included in Phase 2 must meet two qualifications:
• They must meet the definition of a critical worker as outlined by the Department of Homeland Security.
• They must come into consistent and close contact with a large number of individuals
throughout their workday. High-contact workers, by definition, do not have the ability to
work from home or easily move to distance themselves from others.