$45K Manhattan fire caused by careless smoking, fire investigators say

News
Manhattan Fire - Lundin Drive

A fire causing over $40,000 in damages to a Manhattan apartment building was caused by improperly disposed smoking materials, investigators say.

The Manhattan Fire Department battled a fire that broke out at 3128 Lundin Drive around 1:56 p.m. Wednesday. They said the three-story apartment building had flames coming from the deck of a top floor apartment. The fire started on the balcony from the smoking materials, then spread to the attic.

The building sustained $40,000 in structural damage and $5,000 in damage to contents. There were reports that people were inside, but crews quickly searched and found no one inside the building. A dog was found inside the building, but appeared to be unharmed.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories