NEW YORK (AP) - Police have given the all-clear after a phoned in bomb threat forced the evacuation of CNN's offices in New York.
Police said a man with a southern accent called CNN just after 10 p.m. Thursday and said five bombs had been placed throughout the facility inside the Time Warner building at Columbus Circle.
Police said the building was evacuated and building security did a preliminary search. Police units then swept the building with the NYPD bomb squad on standby.
Outside the building, CNN's Brian Stelter and Don Lemon continued to broadcast. Lemon said fire alarms rang and a loudspeaker told them they needed to evacuate during his live show.
In October, the building was partially evacuated after a suspicious package containing a crude pipe bomb was delivered to the company.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Stan Lee dead at 95
- Gerard Butler's house 'half-gone,' others await...
- Autopsy finds rapper Mac Miller died from drugs and...
- Alec Baldwin arrested in alleged parking dispute...
- UK fans flocked to TV to watch Princess Eugenie's...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Crash victim survives five hours in cold river
- California man accused of killing dog that peed on yard
- Sandy Hook school receives bomb threat on shooting...
- Hung without care? Some say tunnel decor is an eyesore
- Truck crashes through home, misses sleeping woman