TFD: Central Topeka fire caused by smoking materials

News

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – The Topeka Fire Department determined the preliminary cause of a house fire in central Topeka Friday morning.

TFD reported that the fire was accidentally caused by discarded smoking materials in the back yard. The estimated structural loss was $25,000.

The fire happened around 9:30 a.m. at a home near 17th & Clay.

Everyone inside the home was able to escape without injury.

Suggest a correction or send us a story idea by emailing producers@ksnt.com. We value your input.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories