TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - The Topeka Police Department says they have arrested James Calhoun, 23, in reference to the murder last week in central Topeka.
Calhoun is now the third suspect arrested related to the incident. Police said he was taken into custody Thursday without incident.
After an interview with detectives he was booked into the Shawnee County jail on charges of first degree murder.
Two other men were arrested this past weekend in connection with the murder of Gianni Noriega, 20, on August 16, in the 400 block of SW Taylor.
Brandon Gayer, 18, of Topeka was arrested on charges of first degree murder. Police said they found him Sunday night in southeast Shawnee County.
Later they arrested 21-year-old John Alston in a south Topeka parking lot.
According to the arrest record, he was taken in for interfering with police officers. The arrests stem from the murder of Noriega.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Perdue recalls chicken nuggets: wood contamination
- Congress to probe report that Trump directed lawyer...
- Shutdown reaches Day 28 as Trump, Pelosi feud heats...
- FBI: Man wanted to attack White House with antitank...
- Bull rider dies after being stomped in competition