TOPEKA (KSNT) – A man was taken into police custody after he allegedly forced his way into an assisted living facility.
At 9:45 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26 the Topeka Police responded to a disturbance in the 1100 block of Southwest Cottonwood Court. Officers arrived and found out that a 36-year-old man from Topeka forced his way into the facility and threatened one person inside, according to a press release from police. He left the scene but was later found at a nearby location and taken into custody, according to a press release from the Topeka Police Department.
The man was transported to the Shawnee County Department of Corrections following an investigation for the following charges:
- Aggravated robbery; armed with a dangerous weapon
- Aggravated burglary; locked swelling for felony, theft, DV, sexually motivated
- Aggravated kidnapping
- Aggravated assault; use of a deadly weapon
- Aggravated battery; knowingly use physical contact in an angry or rude manner with a weapon
- Interference with a law enforcement officer; obstruct/resist/oppose felony warrant service or execution
- Aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer; use of a deadly weapon
- Battery of a law enforcement officer; physical contact with county or city officer on duty