TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - Police are investigating two armed robberies Friday morning.
The first robbery occurred just before 10 a.m. at the Dollar General located in the 2000 block of NW Topeka Blvd.
Police tell KSNT News two customers were in the store at the time of the robbery.
The suspect is described as a white male, thin, said to be in his early twenties, wearing a medium blue shirt, baggy knee length blue-jean shorts with a blue bandana on his face, entered the business and demanded money.
Police said the suspect used a crowbar as his weapon and took an unknown amount of cash. He left the business in an unknown direction.
The second robbery was reported just before 10:30 a.m. at the Dollar General located at SW 10th and Fairlawn.
Dollar General employees tell police a white man, stanind 5'6", slim build, wearing blue/whtie hoodie, with a pink bandana on his face, entered the store and demanded money.
The suspect was armed with a tire iron and took an unknown amount of case. He then exited the store and left in an unknown direction.
Topeka Police Dispatch tells KSNT News no arrests have been made at this time and police are still looking for the suspect or suspects.
It is unknown at this time if the two robberies are connected.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
Anyone with information are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 785-234-0007.
KSNT News will update as additional information is confirmed.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scott Wilson, 'In Cold Blood' and 'Walking Dead'...
- Rapper Mac Miller dies at 26 of apparent overdose
- On and off screen, Burt Reynolds followed many paths
- Twitter permanently bans Alex Jones, Infowars citing...
- Burt Reynolds, star of film, TV and tabloids, dead...