Dog rescued from south Topeka house fire

News
Generic_Fire_Caution_Tape_.png

Firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire in south Topeka on Wednesday evening.  

The fire happened in the 1200 block of 22nd St. just before 6 p.m., according to the Topeka Fire Department. 

Crews were able to quickly put the fire out and contain it to the room where it started. 

TFD said the person who lives at the home was gone when the fire started. Firefighters rescued the homeowner’s dog. 

No injuries were reported. 

The fire was accidental and was caused by an electrical breaker, according to fire investigators.  

It caused about $12,000 in damages. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories