Dog rescued from Topeka house fire Wednesday

News
Fire House Structure Blaze_1558360745926.png.jpg

A dog was rescued from a house fire in Topeka Wednesday morning.

TFD responded to a fire at 8014 SW 28th Ct. just before noon, according to the Topeka Fire Department. 

No one was home at the time of the fire, but they found a dog inside and rescued it without incident. 

The fire was accidental and was caused by a burning candle, according to the fire investigators. 

It caused about $15,000 in damages. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories