Electrical malfunction causes fire and leaves 5 people without a home

News

TOPEKA (KSNT) — The Topeka Fire Department said crews responded to a house on fire at 221 SE Carnhan Place just before 2:00 Sunday afternoon.

The Investigation’s Unit said the fire was accidental and appears to be caused by an electrical
malfunction.

There’s about $15,000 worth of damage. Two adults and three children are now displaced because of the fire. Officials also said five cats died in the fire.

The American Red Cross is helping those who lived at the home. Working smoke detectors were found in the house.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories