FIRE CHIEF: ‘unattended cooking’ sparked Topeka house fire

News
Southwest Topeka house fire

On Tuesday the Topeka Fire Department battled flames at a southwest Topeka home. 

Firfighters got to the home at 2217 SW Pondview Drive around 11:30 a.m.. They quickly put out the flames. 

Investigators said that the fire seems to have been accidentally started by unattended cooking. No one was at home when the fire broke out. 

The department estimates that the damage will cost around $10,000, with half of that from structure damage and half from contents damage. 

There were working smoke detectors at the home. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories