BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The overwhelming majority of people across the U.S. plan to roast a turkey this Thanksgiving holiday.
Southerners however, will turn to the tradition of deep-frying their bird while only a select number of states plan to smoke their meat, according to a report from SeriouslySmoked.com.
The collected information revealed 29 states plan to roast their turkey, while 16 will turn to deep-frying and five states will enjoy a smoked bird this holiday.
The meat experts at Seriously Smoked used geotagged Twitter data to track tweets and hashtags about how people plan to cook their turkeys this year.
Since Nov. 1, more than 80,000 tweets have been tracked either with hashtags such as #roastturkey or phrases and keywords like “smoked turkey recipe.”
Other methods, like “grilled turkey,” did not win out in any states.
- Potent winter storm moves through today
- Chiefs fans rush to Topeka’s Academy Sports for Chiefs AFC Champ merch following win
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Chiefs headed to Tampa Bay with 38-24 win over Buffalo in AFC title game
- Super Host: Bucs become 1st to play Super Bowl at home