Prince Philip moved to specialized London heart hospital

International

Police officers stand at an entrance to the King Edward VII Hospital where Prince Philip is being treated for an infection, as an ambulance is driven out, in London, Monday, March 1, 2021. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)

LONDON (AP) — Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip has been transferred to another London hospital to undergo testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition as he continues treatment for an unspecified infection.

The palace says Philip, the 99-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II, was transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital.

He was admitted to the private King Edward VII’s Hospital last month after feeling ill.

The illness was not related to the coronavirus and royal officials called it a precautionary measure.

The palace says Philip “remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week.’’

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories