WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — The Kansas Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Induction Class of 2022 on Twitter Monday, June 27.
There are 10 new members that will be inducted this year, bringing the total number of people in the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame to 317.
The induction ceremony for the Induction Class of 2022 will take place on Sunday, Oct. 2 at the Kansas Star Casino. Tickets for the ceremony go on sale on August 1 on the Kansas Sports Hall of Fame website.
The Induction Class of 2022 includes the following:
- Bill James from Lawrence, Kansas
- Clint Bowyer from Emporia, Kansas
- Elwood “BINGO” DeMoss from Topeka, Kansas
- Emily Bloss Carpenter from Wellsville, Kansas
- George Toma, from Kansas City, Kansas
- Gordon Vadakin from Wichita, Kansas
- Jesse Nelson from Olpe, Kansas
- Kendall Gammon from Rose Hill, Kansas
- Roy Williams
- Tara Holloway Churchill from Moundridge, Kansas