Propane cooking causes house fire in south Topeka Sunday evening

Local News

(KSNT Photo/Cassie Nichols)

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) — Fire crews are on scene at a house fire in south Topeka near 71st street and SW Montara Pkwy. The fire started following a propane cooking accident, according to officials.

Crews arrived on scene shortly after 6 p.m. for a report a house fire. Two adults and five kids were able to safely evacuate, according to KSNT News reporter Cassie Nichols.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories