UPDATE: Emergency crews battle central Topeka house fire, deemed accidental

Local News

TOPEKA (KSNT) – The Topeka Fire Department responded to a house on fire Friday morning at 1614 S.W. Buchanan St., in Topeka to find smoke and fire coming from the house. The fire was reported at 12:30 a.m.

Firefighters did a search of the home but found no one inside.

The cause of the accident was determined to be accidental, and careless use of smoking materials.

Authorities estimated more than $10,000 damage to the home and $4,000 worth of damage to contents.

This is a developing story.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Donate Today!
December 31 2021 11:59 pm