TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - A local man’s tomato garden has gained a lot of attention from community members recently, that’s because it has several 10 feet tall tomato plants.
The average tomato plant ranges from 3 to 5 feet tall.
David Guyle said he’s been gardening almost all his life and has never seen anything quite like this.
“Well, just like I said, people don’t believe me when I say I have to use a ladder to pick tomatoes and they just laugh at me but now I got proof.”
Guyle said he plans on building more cages to support the plants as they grow taller.
He hopes he can maybe even surpass the world record for tallest tomato plant which is 65 feet tall.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scott Wilson, 'In Cold Blood' and 'Walking Dead'...
- Rapper Mac Miller dies at 26 of apparent overdose
- On and off screen, Burt Reynolds followed many paths
- Twitter permanently bans Alex Jones, Infowars citing...
- Burt Reynolds, star of film, TV and tabloids, dead...