Local people escape from building fire in Topeka

Local News
Generic_Fire_Caution_Tape_.png

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Local people were able to safely escape a building fire started on a mattress over the weekend.

The Topeka Fire Department said around 5:00 p.m. on Saturday they were called to a building at 206 SW Topeka Blvd.

Fire crews saw smoke coming from the single-story building when they got there.

Everyone inside was able to escape safely before crews got there, according to the department.

Investigators said the fire was started on a mattress near the front door. They don’t know what caused it.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories