TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - The critically acclaimed comedian Gallagher, known for his watermelon smashing antics, is coming to the Topeka Performing Arts Center Oct. 10. at 7:30 p.m.
The comedian describes "The Joke's on You Comedy Tour" as "the most unpredictable, unscripted comedy mayhem on tour today," complete with "Sledge-O-Matic" action. Gallagher is known for using a large wooden mallet to smash a variety of food items and other objects.
Garbage sacks will be provided to the first rows of the audience who are up close and personal with the smashing act. Gallagher also requested that free tickets be given to local veterans.
"My dad was in World War II, and I was born at the Army hospital in Fort Bragg, North Carolina," Gallagher said.
Larry Gawronski, Executive Director for TPAC, said they're excited to have the comedian in town and oblige the free ticket request.
"We will be distributing 100 total tickets to the Topeka VA Medical Center and are excited to have service members in the building for this great night of comedy," Gawronski said.
Tickets go on sale for the TPAC showing Sept. 14 at 10 a.m.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scott Wilson, 'In Cold Blood' and 'Walking Dead'...
- Rapper Mac Miller dies at 26 of apparent overdose
- On and off screen, Burt Reynolds followed many paths
- Twitter permanently bans Alex Jones, Infowars citing...
- Burt Reynolds, star of film, TV and tabloids, dead...