TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) - The Cyrus Hotel is set to open Wednesday after two years of construction.
The hotel touts its views of downtown and an "old school" feel to its rooms.
"All of our rooms are unique, we have 109 rooms with roughly 11 different room types. Each room is unique, the design is unique, the size is different," said Cyrus Hotel general manager Jeff Pavone.
The only constant in each room is a portrait of the hotel's namesake, Cyrus K. Holliday, one of Topeka's founders who also created the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad.
Pavone said the hotel is for more than just out-of-towners.
"Our goal is to have Topekans stay, have staycations, enjoy our Weather Room restaurant and lounge," said Pavone. "We look at it as Topeka's hotel."
The hotel's restaurant, the Weather Room will feature steaks, burgers, pasta, seafood and more. It will be open from 6 am to 10 pm.
"I think it'll be something that they haven't seen in Topeka for awhile," said restaurant food & beverage director Raymond Alexander. "Definitely a place they can come and enjoy good food, good wine, great cocktails, a place to come out and relax anytime of day."
The restaurant sits on the hotel's main floor.
"I like to say we are restaurants and bars with a couple of rooms above us," said Alexander.
Both the restaurant and hotel made it a point to use local ingredients in their food and art from local artists to further promote the Topeka community.
Wednesday, January 30, is the official opening for the hotel and restaurant.
Riley County ranked top 5 healthiest...
Kansas man admits to trying to pay...
- Image copyright 2019 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- March Madness snack: Texas Roadhouse Potato Skins
- 'The Donut Boy' stops in to thank Shawnee County law...
- Liverpool Legends to perform Beatles tribute at TPAC
- 'Distracted boyfriend' in viral meme resurfaces in...
- Actresses Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among...