If you dare to face the snowy, cold weather this weekend, there are plenty of things to do in northeast Kansas. If you do leave your home, be sure to drive carefully!
FRIDAY, Jan. 10
- The Firehouse Public Workshop
SATURDAY, Jan. 11
- Reading Champions Orientation
- The Topeka & Shawnee County Public Library invites you to join its new Reading Champions initiative to promote family literacy.
- Orientation is from 9:30-11 a.m. at 1515 SW 10th Ave. in Topeka.
- KU Men’s Basketball
- The No. 3 KU men’s basketball team will host No. 4 Baylor at noon in Allen Fieldhouse.
- Washburn Basketball
- The Washburn men’s & women’s basketball teams will host Northwest Missouri State.
- The women’s game will start at 1 p.m. in Lee Arena. The men’s game will immediately follow at approximately 3 p.m.
- Emporia State Basketball
- The Emporia State men’s & women’s basketball teams will host Missouri Western State University.
- The women’s game will start at 1:30 p.m. in White Auditorium. The men’s game will immediately follow at approximately 3:30 p.m.
- Bill Engvall at TPAC
- Comedian Bill Engvall will perform at 7 p.m. at the Topeka Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets can be bought HERE.
- Topeka Symphony Concert
- The Topeka Symphony Orchestra will host a “Mozart In America” concert at 7:30 p.m. in White Concert Hall on Washburn University’s campus.
- The concert will feature several of Mozart’s pieces that are familiar in American pop culture.
SUNDAY, Jan. 12
- KCDC Puzzle Pieces
- On the second Sunday of every month, the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center offers free admission to families with children who have autism spectrum disorders.
- This is offered from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 4400 SW 10th Ave. in Topeka.
- Chiefs’ playoff game
- The Kansas City Chiefs host the Houston Texans at 2:05 p.m. at Arrowhead Stadium for the AFC Divisional Round game.