Pet dies in southeast Topeka house fire

Local News

(KSNT Photo/Kelli Peltier)

TOPEKA (KSNT) – One pet died while another was rescued in a Friday afternoon fire in southeast Topeka.

Someone was inside the home at 2729 SE Wisconsin Ave. when the fire started around 10:55 a.m., according to firefighters at the scene. They were able to get out at the time when emergency crews arrived at the scene, and weren’t hurt.

The firefighters told KSNT News they called in extra crews to the scene as they hit the 30-minute mark in fighting the fire.

The Topeka Fire Department ruled the fire as accidental and said it was more likely than not associated with improper disposal of smoking materials. The damage costed around $103,500.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories