Topeka man escapes house fire with his dog

Local News
Fire generic_188540

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – A man and his dog escaped from a Sunday afternoon house fire.

The Topeka Fire Department said around 1:30 on Sunday afternoon they responded to a house fire at 1019 NE Jefferson Street. When they got there the house was fully engulfed in flames and part of it looked like it would collapse.

The man who owned the house was able to escape with his dog, unharmed.

Investigators believe the fire was started accidentally by incense.

There was more than $10,000 worth of damage to the home and the things inside.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories