TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – The man that ran away to Colorado with a Topeka teenager pleaded guilty to multiple charges Friday.
Michael Fitzgerald, 47, was arrested in February in Cortez, Colo. after police found him in a hotel with a 14-year-old Topeka girl.
Shawnee County District Attorney Mike Kagay said a jury trial was scheduled to begin Monday, however, Fitzgerald pleaded guilty to the following charges:
- Electronic solicitation of a child 14-16 years of age
- Indecent liberties with a child 14-16 years of age
- Indecent solicitation of a child
- Aggravated interference with parental custody
- Contributing to a child’s misconduct
- Aggravated indecent liberties with a child 14-16 years of age
A sentencing hearing is now scheudled for Feb. 10, 2020.
Fitzgerald faces between 4-20 years in prison, depending on his criminal history.