Editor’s note: KSNT apologizes for any confusion surrounding this article, we stated incorrectly that the virtual and in-person meeting scheduled for Friday would give Topekans an opportunity for public comment, it will not.
TOPEKA (KSNT) – A virtual and in-person meeting is scheduled for Friday. The meeting is a continuation of the police and community committee meeting.
The Police & Community Special Committee will be Friday, April 30 at 3 p.m. at the Law Enforcement Center at 320 S. Kansas Avenue.
The goal of the meeting is to address issues facing the community, and address issues about policing.
If you would like to attend the meeting virtually, please contact the City Council office at 785-368-3710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 p.m. on April 30 to receive the Zoom link.
- Call to Order
- Approve minutes from March 19, 2021 meeting
- Continued Discussion: Outreach & Customer Service
- Presentation: Dispatch/Operations
- Presentation: Recruitment
- Crime Reduction Strategy
- Active Bystandership for Law Enforcement (ABLE) Training
- Peer-Support Team & City’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discuss Future Topic Ideas
- Set next meeting agenda and date