TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – The Topeka Police Department has implemented its walk-in accident reporting phase.
TPD asks people involved in an accident to come to the police station, or call the police to report the accident.
The exceptions include:
- Injury, possible injury or death to any person
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between the parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion
- When there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required
All other motorists involved in accidents are asked to exchange insurance, registration and contact information and call the Topeka Police Department at (785) 368-9551 or go to the Law Enforcement Center to report accidents.
The Law Enforcement Center is located at 320 S. Kansas Ave., Topeka.