TOPEKA (KSNT) – Formal charges have been filed by the State of Kansas against a woman accused of the killing of a dependent adult.
Jennifer Renee Johnson has been charged with one count of felony murder, one count of mistreatment of a dependent adult and one count of making a false claim, statement or representation to the Medicaid program.
The charges stem from the death of Andrea Mauer, a woman that was in Johnson’s care. The state claims Johnson committed the murder that happened in the commission of an inherently dangerous felony. The mistreatment charge stems from the accusation that Johnson knowingly deprived Mauer of treatment, goods and services that are necessary to their physical and mental health.
According to the Kansas Attorney General’s Office, the crimes were committed while Johnson was attempting to scheme, or defraud the Medicaid program, and the death happened as a result.
- Suspect in LA homeless murders arrested; man linked to other homicide
- Why Jerome Tang’s decision to sit Will McNair had nothing to do with basketball
- One injured in crash near downtown Topeka Christmas parade route
- 21 men arrested in child sex sting in Indiana
- Stray showers tomorrow, warming up through the week
Johnson is being held at the Shawnee County Department of Corrections on a $200,000 bond.