The “Steins and Vines” series replaced much bigger fundraisers like “Roar and Pour” and “Brew at the Zoo” this year due to the pandemic. Each beer and wine walk is limited to 600 people.
Zoo Director Brendan Wiley said they were only at around 50 percent capacity during the first two events.
“Just get the word out. Educate people that ‘Steins and Vines’ is the traditional zoo after-hours fun for adults,” Wiley said. “We’re going to change things up as we go into those later editions.”
Each event includes a different live entertainment and a commemorative glass. Friday night’s event will feature stand-up comedy and a glass featuring a tiger.
The third “Steins and Vines” fundraiser runs from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday at the Topeka Zoo. Tickets are $50 single night ticket and $25 designated driver. Use promo code “STUDENT” to get 20 percent off the ticket price. Click here to purchase tickets.
PERFORMERS, BREWERIES, FOOD TRUCKS, AND LIMITED EDITION GLASS
- July 9 – TopCity Comedy Night and musician Jarrod Guth, Blind Tiger Brewery and Restaurant, JLG Mexi-Q, Southern Star Food Truck, Poppin Mini’s, and Tiger Glass
- July 24 – Top City Groove Band, KB’s Smokehouse, Mad Greek Foods, Poppin Squeeze, and Macaw Glass
- July 31 – Departure, Norsemen Brewing Company, DJs Catering, Flavor Wagon 785, Poppin Mini’s, and Otter Glass
- September 18 – TopCity Comedy Night, Bobby’s Food Truck, JLG Mexi-Q, Poppin Squeeze, and Giraffe Glass
- October 2 – Departure, Happy Basset Brewing Co, Mad Greek Foods, Emma’s Pupusas & Mexican Food, and Tarantula Glass