Two people escape early morning house fire

Local News

TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Two people were able to safely exit their Topeka home after it caught on fire Saturday morning.

The Topeka Fire Department says they were called to 2511 SE Virginia Ave. around 12:15 a.m.

The two people were able to self-evacuate.

Smoke detectors were not inside the house.

The initial cause of the fire is said to be accidental and related to issues with using a wood burning stove.

TFD estimates an $18,000 dollar loss, $17,000 of which is structural loss; $1,000 is content loss.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories