TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – The Topeka Police Department has officially returned to normal accident
reporting as of 9:45 am.
The Topeka Police Department had implemented a walk-in accident reporting phase for the city early Tuesday morning.
During walk-in reporting the police will only respond and investigate accidents that fall under the parameters listed below.
- Injury, possible injury or death to any person
- Possible impairment of a driver due to drugs or alcohol
- Hit-and-run incidents
- Incidents where there is a disturbance between the parties involved
- Any hazardous material situation
- When the accident results in major traffic congestion
- When there is damage to a vehicle to the extent that towing is required
If you are involved in an accident Topeka Police have asked that you exchange insurance, registration and contact information, then call the police department at (785) 368-9551 or come down to the Law Enforcement Center to report incidents.