March Madness is in full swing, with both the KU Jayhawks and K-State Wildcats traveling for games in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament.
Texas Roadhouse Kitchen Manager Alex Meyer joined morning anchor Brittany Moore to show off a recipe for a great sports snack: potato skins.
- Six medium baking potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- All seasoning mix
- Eight ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup bacon bits
- Two cups of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes clean, rub with vegetable oil and bake for approximately one hour.
- Remove potatoes from oven, allow to cool slightly before handling.
- Cut into halves.
- Using a spoon carefully scoop the inside of the potatoes until ¼ inch of the potato shell remains.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle potatoes with all seasoning mix, arrange in a baking dish and return to the oven baking on one side for 10 minutes.
- Flip the skins over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Arrange the skins skin-side down and fill with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Return to the oven and broil until cheese is bubbly — approximately two minutes.
- Serve hot with sour cream.