PALO ALTO, CA (WCMH) -- A nurse in California has welcomed a new doctor to the same hospital where she took care of him when he was a premature baby.
According to a Facebook post by the Stanford Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, a chance encounter in August between a nurse and a pediatric resident led to a heartwarming reunion.
The post states that Brandon, currently a pediatric resident, was born at the hospital at 29 weeks old.
Vilma was his primary care nurse during his stay in the NICU 28 years ago.
However, while Brandon was recently rounding at the hospital, Vilma recognized his name from all those years ago.
Photos on the post show Vilma holding Brandon as a baby nearly 30 years ago, and then standing side-by-side as colleagues during their reunion.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Scott Wilson, 'In Cold Blood' and 'Walking Dead'...
- Rapper Mac Miller dies at 26 of apparent overdose
- On and off screen, Burt Reynolds followed many paths
- Twitter permanently bans Alex Jones, Infowars citing...
- Burt Reynolds, star of film, TV and tabloids, dead...